The recent Google I/O event showcased how their groundbreaking advancements in AI are changing the world of search as we know it. Let’s take a look at the most significant update—new ways to search with generative AI—and explore other exciting releases that you should definitely have on your radar. Here’s why these updates are a game-changer for enhancing your digital marketing efforts.
The Future of Search with Generative AI:
Search Generative Experience (SGE):
- What it is: Google is combining generative AI with their large information database to create it’s new search experience. SGE will answer questions and provide insights that haven’t be available until now.
- Why we care: As digital marketers, SGE will give us a better understanding of user behavior, enabling us to create highly targeted and effective advertising campaigns. It presents a unique opportunity to get valuable insights and engage our audiences on a whole new level, ultimately leading to more conversions for ad campaigns.
Ads within SGE:
- Ads on the new Google Search: We learned that the new Google Search Generative Experience will prominently feature search ads. All ads will be displayed in dedicated ad positions and slots, clearly identified as sponsored ads.
- Testing and adaptation: During this experimental phase, Google will closely monitor and adapt the performance of ad placements and experiences. We can assume as they continue to refine the ad experience within SGE, it will only improve over time.
- Keep in mind: At this stage, tracking capabilities are limited. Advertisers won’t be able to track ad impressions and clicks between the original Google Search and the new SGE. However, Google assures us that tracking will be introduced later as they progress beyond the lab phase.
- Why we care: Understanding how our ads perform in the new Google Search Generative Experience is crucial. While immediate tracking of performance differences is not available, Google’s will monitor, test, and adapt the ad experience. The future looks promising!
Other Updates to Keep on your Radar:
- Bard Integration with Google Apps: Bard, Google’s AI language model, integrates with Google apps like Workspace, Maps, Lens, and more. It brings AI capabilities into your workflow, streamlining processes and improving content creation.
- Expanded Bard Availability: Bard’s availability expands to 180 countries, with support for additional languages, starting with Japanese and Korean. Google is committed to expanding Bard’s global reach.
- Enhanced Visual Responses: Google introduced visually rich responses in search results, incorporating engaging images from Google Search. This rollout aims to grab users’ attention and create a more immersive ad experience.
Why we care: Leveraging Bard within Google apps allows us as digital marketers to optimize our workflows, boost productivity, and take our marketing strategies to the next level. It opens up new ways for better content creation and enhanced campaign execution. With Bard’s expanded availability in new countries, it allows Chacka to tap into new markets for our clients and connect with diverse audiences. It presents exciting opportunities for targeted advertising campaigns on a global scale.
The updates unveiled at Google I/O 2023 allow us as digital marketers to unlock new possibilities for our clients, improve their campaigns, and drive gnarly results. At Chacka, we are eagerly looking forward to the Google Marketing Live event on May 23rd. Stay tuned for more exciting updates.