If your business is advertising internationally you should be aware of upcoming changes to your Google Ads invoice statements and prepare your budgets accordingly.
Beginning November 1, 2020, Google Ads will start charging fees for ads in Austria, United Kingdom and Turkey. Here’s the breakdown of how the fees will appear for ads running in the following countries:
- Austria: 5% Austria DST (Digital Services Tax) Fee added to invoice or statement
- Turkey: 5% Regulatory Operating Cost added to your invoice or statement
- United Kingdom: 2% UK DST Fee added to your invoice or statement
Why the Change?
Quite simply, Google Ads is adding fee changes because of increased costs and complexity in complying regulations in Turkey. The changes in the UK and Austria are stemmed from the Digital Services Tax (DST).
What your agency should be doing
You should work with your digital agency to plan for this in your budgeting. The fees will be reflected on your invoice or statement as a separate line item per country. It will also be shown in the ‘Transactions’ section of your Google Ads account. Keep in mind, any taxes like VAT, GST or QST that apply in your country may also apply to the new fees.
How it Works
There are a few differences in your paying through monthly invoicing or automatic payments versus manual.
- Automatic payments/Invoicing: If your business pays through one of these options, the fees will be added in addition to your account budget.
- Manual payments: Fees will be charged after your payment has been fully spent. This means that your business may be left with an open balance that will be auto deducted from your next pre-payment.
It’s important to get ahead now and prepare for the upcoming fee changes. Here’s a full list of Google’s country-specific fees. If your business is needing help navigating this update or have any questions, fill out the contact form below.