Instagram is officially ten years old today! In 2010, the creator launched the app because of his love of photography. To mark the anniversary, we’ve compiled a few fun facts about the popular app.
- Instagram offered its first ads in November of 2013
- 33% of the most viewed Stories are from businesses
- 75.3% of the U.S. businesses will use Instagram in 2020
- 1 billion people use Instagram every month
- 37% of American adults use Instagram
- Instagram will generate $12.32 billion in ad revenue this year
- Brand Stories have an 85% completion rate
- There are 25 million businesses on Instagram
- Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
- In April of 2012, Facebook purchased Instagram for ~$1billion
Instagram is a highly-successful channel to reach your customers. Check out a few of our best practices for advertising on Instagram and discover how Chacka can help. Fill out the form below and our highly-experienced team will be happy to chat.