It is still months away from the holiday season but that doesn’t mean it’s not a good time to start thinking about your Q4 strategy and how your business should start preparing to get in front of eager shoppers.
Recently, Facebook released their Holiday Marketing Guide that highlights global holiday trends to keep in mind; we’ve compiled the key stats that showcase the impact of the holiday season on purchasing decisions:
- Early Bird Gets the Worm: Last year, 43% of shoppers started their gift shopping in November or earlier
- Done & Done: By late-November, nearly 1 in 10 holiday shoppers had finished shopping
- The Black Friday Effect: 50% of holiday shopping was completed by Monday, December 3, 2018 – which is typical during the week of Black Friday
- If the Spirit Moves You: 42% of U.S. holiday shoppers reportedly shopped in-store for the holiday atmosphere and 27% of shoppers said they bought in-store as a way to spend time with their family – awe!
- Hey, Big Spender: U.S. shoppers spent over $6.6 billion on Cyber Monday in 2017
2019 Key Holiday Dates
This year, Halloween falls on a Thursday and if you’re anything like me, you’ve probably already started thinking about going into storage & dusting off your holiday décor that weekend – hey, don’t judge me! By this point, many retailers are well into their pre-holiday branding campaigns (typically done within September-October) and have begun advertising their peak-holiday campaigns shortly around of after this time. Again, almost half of shoppers start their gift shopping in November or earlier so the more prepared your business is, the more likely you’ll have success.
11:11 known as ‘Singles Day,’ and observed in China, is another key global holiday shopping date. Perhaps the U.S. will eventually adopt this event as our fourth major shopping holiday? The shopping extravaganza of Black Week kicks off on Nov. 25th – this includes Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Shop Local Saturday & Cyber Monday. Below are other key dates like shipping cutoffs to ensure your customer receives their packages on time.
How Chacka Can Help
Learn how Chacka helped a leader in personalized photo services scale their Facebook program spend by 2.5x with a 25.5% increase in ROI (all during Q4). This performance was given a shout-out from Facebook Chief Operating Officer, Sheryl Sandberg during quarterly earnings call too.
Looking for an experienced team to prepare your accounts for a successful Q4? Chacka would like to help – simply fill out our contact form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Four Ways to Prepare for the Holiday Shopping Season, Facebook Business