The AI revolution is in full swing. AI has already changed digital marketing in many ways – from enhanced personalization, predictive analytics, behavioral targeting, and more. In part one of this series, we reviewed how it’s changed digital marketing and the potential threats that it poses to our industry. Before moving on to part two, check out part one to get caught up.
Let’s now dive into how AI is currently disrupting how we approach digital strategy and how I think it will grow in 2024.
How AI Disrupts Digital Marketing Strategies
AI’s impact on digital marketing strategies is disruptive, forcing a shift in how marketers approach our campaigns. Traditional methods are being enhanced or replaced by AI-driven processes, such as:
- Automated Campaign Optimization: AI analyzes campaign data in real-time, adjusting strategies for the best performance. This constant optimization should improve ROI and reduce the need for manual adjustments. Here are a few examples below:
- Connected TV (CTV): Marketers are turning to automation for their Connected TV (CTV) campaign optimization to drive more revenue.
- Performance Max (PMax): This campaign type was released in 2021 and has continuously improved its signals over the years to help you increase conversions across Google’s ad channels and inventory. Can you believe we used to break out these by individual campaigns? It now seems somewhat comical that we spent all that time and energy creating individual campaigns when it’s all combined into one now.
- Voice Search Optimization: Voice-activated devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Home have been on the rise for the last several years. AI-driven SEO strategies have become increasingly important for marketers to adapt their content and reach voice-search users effectively.
- Programmatic Advertising: AI has automated the process of ad buying and targeting in a much quicker manner. It allows marketers to reach specific audiences with a great deal of accuracy and efficiency. Essentially, you’re getting your ads in front of the right people who have shown interest in your brand.
Predictions: AI’s Impact on Marketing in 2023 & Beyond
As we approach 2024, AI’s impact on marketing will continue to grow. Here are some of my predictions for its role in the marketing landscape:
- Hyper-Personalization: AI will enable marketers to deliver more personalized experiences, predicting customer needs and preferences with high accuracy.
- AI-Powered Search: AI-driven search strategies will be important to achieving higher rankings and performance for paid search. Marketers will continue to rely on AI-powered tools to optimize clients’ keyword selection, ad targeting, and bidding strategies. I believe this will lead to even more efficient and effective search campaigns.
- AI in Content Marketing: AI will assist in creating high-quality content at scale, allowing content marketers to meet the demands of their audiences – and at a much faster rate! I don’t see marketers being replaced by AI but they will certainly lean on it more to help generate content more efficiently.
- Enhanced Customer Journey: AI will improve the customer journey by integrating data from various touchpoints, providing seamless experiences across channels.
AI’s integration into digital marketing is inevitable and offers a ton of potential for businesses to succeed in the highly competitive digital landscape. As AI continues to evolve, we should embrace its capabilities while addressing the challenges it presents. By leveraging AI’s power responsibly, marketers and advertisers can unlock new ways of personalization, efficiency, and effectiveness, paving the way for success in 2023 and beyond.